With four different sites and the development work necessary, a wide range of activities need to be carried out in Viajeo, many of which are interrelated and need to be harmonised. To ensure that this complexity is addressed, a matrix work package structure has been created.
Work Packages (WP) 1 through 5 and 8 are horizontal.
- WP1 is mainly concerned with the project coordination.
- WP2 gathers information on the current status and planned developments for traffic and transport data, identifies the requirements of local transport planners and authorities for overall traffic and transport planning and management, specifies the needs of end users for personalised redelivery of traffic information.
- WP3 develops architecture of the common platform, consisting of design of the common functionalities of the platform, definition of the interfaces for distribution of information and development of recommendation for implementation of the platform for each demo city.
- WP4 designs and implements the open platform to each of the demo cities. Coordination is required of WP4 activities with each demo city including a definition of common methodologies, development of modules and services which are ready for integration and demonstration in the demo cities.
- WP5 is mainly concerned with validation and impact assessment. The validation focuses on the assessment of the social and environmental impacts of the project and the evaluation of the acceptance of European technology and potential for further market development.
Because of the geographical spread of Viajeo and the number of partners involved, the development work for the different cities has been concentrated in vertical WPs as listed below:
- WP6.1 Athens Site Preparation
- WP6.2 São Paulo Site Preparation
- WP6.3 Beijing Site Preparation
- WP6.4 Shanghai Site Preparation
After the development work has been completed, demonstrations will be held at the different sites, this will be done in:
- WP7.1 Athens Site Demonstration
- WP7.2 São Paulo Site Demonstration
- WP7.3 Beijing Site Demonstration
- WP7.4 Shanghai Site Demonstration