Viajeo partners took part in a Special Session at the ITS European Congress under the title: "A more harmonised environment for traffic data collection and exchange" (SS43) on Tuesday, 07June 2011, 16:00 - 17:30 in Room Saint Clair 3A.
- Yanying Li, Project Manager, ERTICO – ITS Europe
Description of the session
Modern mobility management requires huge amounts of data on usage of the transport network. Heavy investment into data collection has been made. Traditional methods, such as roadside units to collect traffic flow/speed and new methods, such as floating vehicle data, have been used to provide traffic data. Integration of such data is essential in order to maximise the benefits of these data. However, information from specific modes or even from specific transport operators is often not shared, neither in terms of real-time data, nor in terms of historical data, despite providing the same or a similar service, even though such sharing has the potential to enhance efficiency of individual transport modes and overall mobility management. Many efforts have been made, mainly through EC funded projects such as Viajeo and In-Time, to address the issue above. This session presented the concept of an open platform, standardised interfaces and best practices.
- Patrick Mercier-Handisyde, Project Officer, European Commission, DG RTD
- Jens Peder Kristensen, Chief Executive Officer, KeyResearch, Denmark .pdf (550.5 KB)
- Michael Ortgiese, Senior Consultant, PTV AG, Germany .pdf (850.1 KB)
- Manuel Milli, Research Project Manager, Mizar Automazione S.p.A, Italy .pdf (789.3 KB)
- Yannick Denis, Project Manager, Centre d’études pour les réseaux, les transports, l’urbanisme et les constructions - CERTU, France .pdf (1.4 MB)
- Zhu Hao, Director of ITS centre, Shanghai City Comprehensive Transportation Planning Company, China .pdf (814.2 KB)
For more information visit www.itsineurope.com